Those attending February's meeting will have noticed one very obvious thing - we have outgrown our existing monthly venue! Llandaff RFC has served us well, but ultimately we have become the victims of their bright new look, and rather than continue to try and squeeze into the upstairs room we have decided to move to a new venue! We thank Llandaff for hosting us over the years.
Starting in March our meetings will be held at the Plum Tree in Canton (160-162 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9ND).
There is a large free carpark behind the pub, excellent food, a projector to screen the latest SWLRC blockbuster, and more inportantly wheel-chair access!
Traditionally a change of venue has been a very divisive subject, but we hope that this new meeting place will be popular with all. See you all there in March!
Our existing website has served us well for many years now, but like many of us is starting to show signs of old age, and being a little contankerous on occasions. As such, we have spent the Autumn and Winter evenings working on a replacement!
The new site will be very much evolution rather than revolution, so should not frighten any of our members, and incorporates all of the tried and trusted elemenents of our existing site, whilst improving some of the more awkward features!
- Those members unable to remember a username or password (and more frequently both) can now request these details via the site! Admittedly this does require one to remember their own email address, but we cross our fingers, say a little prayer and hope for the best!
- Many have thought that uploading an image to the members' gallery involves witchcraft, but this has now become simple!
- Bored of a static, never-changing homepage? Our homepage is now a news page, and will be updated to give visitors and members alike news of all that has happened, currently happening, and intended to happen, so that everyone can join in!
- Want your own article on the homepage? Members can easily create and submit an article!
- Down with the kids and just want to surf the interweb on your phone? Clutter has been banished to allow for larger text areas, so stories should now be visible to all but the most shortsighted - without wincing!
- Our Events section has been made clearer, so it's easier to plan to meet us!
As we always say though - you get more out of the club if you get involved, so if there's something additional that you would like to see then let us know, and we'll look into incorporating this too! Our emphasis has been about creating a functional website that retains the existing functionality of the old site, whilst no longer making its creaking sounds. Additional content will follow!
The new website can be previewed at swlrc.wales, and will move to its permanent home of swlrc.co.uk within a week (barring disaster).